AgroHorizon Lecithin & Solutions Ltd. shares your concern about the protection of your personal infor-mation and are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This document covers information we collect about you, whether via our websites: www.agrohorizon.com, (our “Website”), in our offices, through our partners or otherwise. Please read it carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated. We will be the “controller” of the personal information, which you provide to us, or which we collect from you.
1. Personal information that we collect
We collect a range of personal information relating to you, including your:
- Company and Personal Name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Bank accounts or other payment information
- Delivery and billing address
- IP address; and
- any other personal information that you choose to provide to us.
2. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information as follows:
- to maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer or supplier
- to process orders and provide agreed services to you
- for invoicing, processing payments, account set up and maintenance
- to communicate with you, including the response to information requests/nquiries submit-ted and/or to obtain your feedback on our services
- for record keeping, statistical analysis and internal reporting and research purposes, to ensure data security and to provide you with access to secure areas of our Website
- to notify you about changes to our services
- to monitor the quality of our services
- for logistical purposes
- to investigate any complaint, you make
- to provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us
- to customise various aspects of our Website to improve your experience
- to obtain credit references, credit checks
- to monitor and/or record telephone conversations to or from you in order to offer you additional se-curity, resolve complaints, improve our service standards and for staff training purposes; and
- to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of AgroHorizon Lecithin & Solutions Ltd., its personnel, and others.
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our services by phone and post or other electronic channels as long as this is in line with any marketing preferences that you have indicated to us, where you have consented to this; or where you have not objected to this.
Your agreement to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes is optional and if you choose not to consent, your visit to and use of our Website will not be affected.
You can choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time by sending us an email to .
3. Automated decision making/profiling/Credit Checks
We may use technology provided by dedicated credit reference agencies, which might process personal information that you provide to us, in order to analyse your creditworthiness, which helps us to decide if we are able to offer you an account, through which you can purchase products or services from AgroHorizon Lecithin & Solutions Ltd.. We will also continue to exchange information about you with the involved credit reference agency on an ongoing basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time. Credit reference agencies will share this information with other organisations, which may use it to make decisions on future applications for credit.
We may use Google for a variety of marketing services, including the Google Customer Match service which matches your email address as provided to us, with information held in your Google account (if you have one) in order to enable Google to show you adverts for our services when you are searching on Google, us-ing Google’s search network, shopping function, on YouTube or on Gmail.
Other marketing services of Google’s we may use include:
- Google Search which places our adverts within search results;
- Google Display Network which makes available to us advert space on third party websites;
- Google Remarketing which places AgroHorizon adverts on third party website following a user having vis-ited AgroHorizon website.
4. Legal basis for processing
In terms of the legal bases we rely on to process your personal information, these are as follows:
- where you have provided your consent: for direct marketing communications in respect of our own services, including in respect of marketing communications sent by electronic means (e.g., email and SMS); for the performance of a contract with you (such as a contract for the provision of good and services) or to take steps at your request prior to entering into this contract;
- to comply with legal obligations, including in relation to health and safety and environmental legislation, performing anti-money laun-dering, terrorism prevention and sanctions screening checks, com-plaints and investigations or litigation:
- to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person, or for our legitimate interests in:
- management of your account (including processing payments) and our relationship with you, and communicating with you;
- operating our Website;
- sending direct marketing in respect of our services where you have not provided your consent and the marketing communication is sent by non-electronic means (e.g. post or telephone); processing orders and supplying our services; and
- our internal business purposes, which may include processing for the purposes of: record keeping, research, reporting and statistics, data security, to ensure the quality of our services, investigating and re-sponding to queries and complaints, obtaining credit references and credit checks, providing payment per-formance data to credit reference agencies, changing our pricing, debt collection, fraud detection and pre-vention, risk management, recruitment and training of our personnel, and protecting our rights, property and safety (and that of others). You can object to processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate in-terests at any time by emailing: .
5. How we share your personal information
When we use your personal information for the purposes specified above, we may also share it with statuto-ry bodies for reporting purposes and otherwise in accordance with the Law.
In addition, we may share your personal information with:
- third party provider(s) who provide the following types of services to us: marketing, payroll bureau software, cloud accounting software, recruitment and customer relationship management;
- third party providers in order for us to process payments that are due to us, in doing so we provide bank card details to such providers;
- third party advertising partners, such as Google in order for them to assist us in providing you with targeted adverts (as explained above);
- licensed credit reference agencies, debt collection agencies and lawyers when we carry out credit checks, to report on your payment performance and/or or seek to recover debts due to us;
- our specialist tax advisors, liquidation and personal insolvency professionals, lawyers or similar advis-ers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice;
- emergency services in the event that we need to report accidents or incidents or request emergen-cy assistance;
- any Government Department, public body or other third party where we believe in good faith that the law requires this; in the interests of public health and safety; or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of AgroHorizon Lecithin & Solutions Ltd. its employees or others;
- investors and other relevant third parties in in the event of an actual or potential sale or other cor-porate transaction related to our clients business or our own;
- any other third parties, if authorised by you to do so.
The performance of services by our third-party service provider(s) may be subject to a separate privacy statement provided to you by the relevant third party. You should read any such statement carefully.
6. How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account fac-tors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes, and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
8. Links to third party websites
Our Website might contain links to other Internet websites. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites‘ use of any per-sonal information. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with our Website (or who claims association with our Websites) who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact . We will be happy to forward your message to the third party.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process, including Inter-net standard encryption technology to encode personal information that you send to us through our Web-site. Such technology works by using a private key to encrypt data that is transferred over the secure con-nection. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal information to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed pad-lock or an unbroken key.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer to us over the Internet.
10. Your rights
The following section explains your rights. The various rights are not absolute, and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications. We will grant your request only to the extent that it follows from our assess-ment of your request that we are allowed and required to do so under data protection laws. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with rights beyond or in addition to your rights as a data sub-ject under data protection laws.
- The right to be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easi-ly understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. This is why we are providing you with the information in this Privacy Statement.
- The right of access: You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if we are processing it), and other certain information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Statement) about how it is used. This is so you are aware and can check that we are using your personal infor-mation in accordance with data protection law. We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise negatively impact an-other person‘s rights.
- The right to rectification: You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your per-sonal information, if it is inaccurate or incomplete. E.g. if we have the wrong name for you.
- The right to erasure: This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there’s no com-pelling reason for us to keep using it or its use is unlawful. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions, e.g. where we need to use the information in defence of a legal claim.
- The right to restrict processing: You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it fur-ther. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability: You have rights to obtain and reuse certain personal infor-mation for your own purposes across different organisations. This enables you to move, copy or transfer your personal information easily between our IT systems and theirs (or directly to yourself) safely and securely, without affecting its usability. This only applies to your personal information that you have provided to us that we are processing with your consent or to perform a contract which you are a party to, which is being processed by automated means.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time insofar as that processing takes place for the pur-poses of legitimate interests pursued by AgroHorizon or by a third party. We will be allowed to con-tinue to process the personal information if we can demonstrate “compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override [your] interests, rights and freedoms” or we need this for the estab-lishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which significantly affects you, subject to some exceptions. Where this is the case, you have the right to obtain human intervention, voice your concerns and to have the decision reviewed.
11. Updating this statement
We review our privacy practices from time to time. We ask that you bookmark and periodically review this page for updates to our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to modify this policy effective seven (7) days after the posting of the revised Privacy Statement.
12. Contact us
For further information regarding these rights, about this Privacy Statement generally or to make a com-plaint please contact . Please provide as much information as possible to help us identify the information you are requesting, the action you are wanting us to take and why you be-lieve this action should be taken. Before assessing your request, we may request additional information in order to identify you. If you do not provide the requested information and, as a result we are not in a posi-tion to identify you, we may refuse to action your request.
We will generally respond to your request within one month of receipt of your request. We can extend this period by an additional two months if this is necessary taking into account the complexity and number of requests that you have submitted.
If after contacting AgroHorizon Lecithin & Solution Ltd. you are still unhappy you may also complain to the Information Commissioner. All contact details are available on the Information Commissioner‘s Website: https://dataprotection.ie.
The information contained in this site is for general guidance on matters of interest only. The application and impact of laws can vary widely based on the specific facts involved. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulation, and the inherent hazards of electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this site. Accordingly, the information on this site is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering legal, account-ing, taxation, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, taxation, legal or other competent advisers.
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this site has been obtained from reliable sources, AgroHorizon Lecithin & Solutions Ltd. is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this site is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this infor-mation, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will AgroHorizon Lecithin & Solutions Ltd., their related partnerships or corporations, or the partners, agents or employees thereof, be liable to you or anyone else, for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this site or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.